Bio Pure Pumped Outlet?

iSelfBuild

I will be buying a BioPure 3 soon for our log cabin developments and I will need to pump the treated effluent up to the drainage field. 55m and about 1 - 1.5m head.

They offer a pumped outlet but at £400.00 I'm wondering if I should DIY this as the drainage consultancy fees for getting the system passed and buying soil (as ours failed the test) has drained my wallet!

From what I can see it's just a tank with a submersible pump in: 

Diameter

1250mm

Overall height

1510mm

Capacity

1.84m3

Looking at the price of underground water tanks I might as well just pay the £400?

Did anyone have any luck negotiation with BioPure/WeBuildIt?

We have the pumped outlet Bio Pure.  It's more than a tank with a submersible pump in it.  There is a separate chamber inside the tank, with a weir that takes the liquid off the top of the main treatment tank, from the outer zone where the effluent has been treated (so clear from the recirculating bubble chamber in the central "tank within a tank").  The submersible pump sits in this clear effluent chamber, with a float switch.  When the clear effluent level rises to the point where the pump is triggered, it then empties the clear effluent chamber in around 20 seconds.  This clear effluent chamber also has an alarm float sensor, as the pumped system comes with an alarm unit that senses both air pump pressure and the level in the pump chamber. 

The pump that's in the clear effluent chamber is a fairly standard stainless submersible unit, fitted with a float switch and a rigid pipe connection that connects to the outlet (50mm MDPE) via a two lever bayonet quick release.  This rigid connection keeps the pump positioned in the centre of the clear effluent chamber, and the quick release makes removing the pump pretty easy.

Edited by JSHarris
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, JSHarris said:

We have the pumped outlet Bio Pure.  It's more than a tank with a submersible pump in it.  There is a separate chamber inside the tank, with a weir that takes the liquid off the top of the main treatment tank, from the outer zone where the effluent has been treated (so clear from the recirculating bubble chamber in the central "tank within a tank").  The submersible pump sits in this clear effluent chamber, with a float switch.  When the clear effluent level rises to the point where the pump is triggered, it then empties the clear effluent chamber in around 20 seconds.  This clear effluent chamber also has an alarm float sensor, as the pumped system comes with an alarm unit that senses both air pump pressure and the level in the pump chamber. 

The pump that's in the clear effluent chamber is a fairly standard stainless submersible unit, fitted with a float switch and a rigid pipe connection that connects to the outlet (50mm MDPE) via a two lever bayonet quick release.  This rigid connection keeps the pump positioned in the centre of the clear effluent chamber, and the quick release makes removing the pump pretty easy.

SOLD! If you don't mind me asking how much was it? I am only guessing it's £400 off the website.

Edited by iSelfBuild

If your soil failed the percolation test, have you looked at filter mound systems? They are a pile of graded sand placed above ground and then covered with soil.  I looked at those as a solution for our drainage, but in the end building control rejected it and we ended up getting permission to discharge to the burn instead.

On 31/07/2017 at 21:53, JSHarris said:

I can dig out the invoice tomorrow, but have a feeling it was around £300 or so more than the base unit, but we bought ours over three years ago now.

Thanks, did you manage to dig out the invoice? We just got some grit/soil approved at £15.00 a tonne EX haulage.