Lintel crack serious or not ?

Looking at this house for sale and I've noticed there seems to be a cracked lintel over the patio door on the right if you zoom in. The pain of glass below has a wide crack so I'm guessing the door frame must be taking some of the load. there is a converted attic space above. potentially serious problem ? Easy to fix ?
337387403_682861490505590_66102888087636

337280940_111638615214747_16935478055033

Do you know whether it’s a cavity property or solid wall?

if it’s cavity there won’t be much load above on that outer leaf, certainly above my bungalow windows there are no lintels at the eaves on external leaf, my windows go right to the fascia though with nothing on top, I can see there is a small amount of masonry on this one, could just be render infill and maybe why it’s cracked

• Like 1

my guess would be the crack is evidence of no lintel.

hard to tell but looks like a solid wall from the width, the added weight on the trusses when it was converted as loaded up that wall and it wasnt designed for it.

Get a RICS survey so you (mortgage company) have someone to sue if it all goes pete tong in a years time.

• Like 1

The house may well have had timber windows there before the PVC was installed, and then the "cracks appeared". A lot of shit window companies mistakenly removed timber windows with central mullions which were load-bearing and incorporated into the load for the spans.

Yes, a cause for concern and may be tricky to fix retrospectively.

Try and negotiate a discount for this work, at least £5k, and also ask for the building regs paperwork for the room in roof, or the house needs to be valued minus that room ( so it would then only be classed as a ( valueless ) attic / storage space and not habitable space ).

• Like 1