Roof Integrated PV systems - recommendations

We have a renovation scheduled to commence in April and I’ve been struggling to find a company that are able to take on a combined ASHP & PV project. In addition most of the standalone contractors seem to only be interested if I want the specific package they sell rather than a bespoke system. As such I’m having to source them separately and integrate them. 

Our property is a 1930s solid brick trad semi with hip roof. We are extending to the rear with a new kitchen extension and renovating at the same time. 0.9u windows 1.5U doors EWI, underfloor insulation, UFH etc. 

I’m limited by the roof shape being hipped and the only other space is the garage roof. Both roofs will be new /replaced and as such I can use an integrated PV system (I did look at tiles but the cost wasn’t worth it for the generation achieved). 

The best option I have so far is 

6.3kW PV 15 x Tiger Neo N-type JKM420N-54HL4-B 420 Watt panels

(the efficiency is bad but the degradation over time isn’t the greatest but I’m limited by who I can get to do a RIF system)

the above is split over three arrays as it’s a hip roof roof to the house and the pitched garage roof which is my only option. 

Orientation of the PV system - degrees from South
Group 1: 7 panels with Orientation: 75 Group 2: 5 panels with Orientation: 15 Group 3: 3 panels with Orientation: 105 
Inclination of system - degrees from South
Group 1: 7 panels with Tilt: 30°

Group 2: 5 panels with Tilt: 35°

Group 3: 3 panels with Tilt: 35°

Growatt 9.9kw battery (3x3.3kwh). 
tigo optimisers. Growatt Inverter

Its more than I wanted to pay, however the company has been very helpful in trying to make something work with my roof, however it is still considerably more than the equivalent on-roof system (if it was a big standards pitch roof) however it seems most installers that do the typical 12-16 panels on a normal pitch roof arnt interested in trying to accommodate the hip and garage that I have. 

Any comments / advice on the above appreciated, as are any recommendations. 

Many thanks in advance. 

N.b: semi-cross posted in ASHP forum. 

Have you considered doing it yourself / individual trades? E.g. the roof trays are easy to install (you, roofer or joiner), the panels then drop in to place, optimisers are plug in. Then you just need a competent spark to connect it all together. I did it this way and my 5.2pkW system came in at under £5k installed. (No batteries).

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Conor said:

Have you considered doing it yourself / individual trades? E.g. the roof trays are easy to install (you, roofer or joiner), the panels then drop in to place, optimisers are plug in. Then you just need a competent spark to connect it all together. I did it this way and my 5.2pkW system came in at under £5k installed. (No batteries).

I did, but really I just need one company to come and fit/install, I’m already having to sort the ASHP separately, as well as sorting all the other bits so it’s just another thing I don’t have time for.