Renovation - Check reveals

IGP

Hello, 

Long time lurker, I’m about to start renovating my 1930s semi and I’ve just found out I’ve got check reveals for my window reveals. They previously have been covered over with joinery that sounded hollow, it also explains why all the existing windows let so much noise through. 

The reveal is about 35mm wide, and I was originally looking at Rationel windows but I’m really not sure if it would work with such a slim frame style. 

Any ideas on what suppliers frames would work best, or indeed can frames be ‘packed out’ to fill most of the reveal and leave the slim frame lines on show externally? 

I’m after decent 3G windows that don’t cost the earth. 

FYI the window in the photo was recently installed, hence finding out about the reveals during installation and thankfully we only did that window. 

F9BB8EE5-D591-44A0-82A0-53C872A9F1FC.jpeg

you really need to get some insulation into the reveals, chopping out the inside skin 100mm or so and putting celtox or similar both sides and below the cill. You can make up a ply box to fix over the top into which you can fit the new window. very easy to make it airtight using this approach.