MVHR - Is there a body certifying installer competence?

24 minutes ago, JohnMo said:

No certified body that I saw. Anyone can install, mostly plumbers around us, most no real idea what they are installing.

Thats interesting. I think i want to install my own and assumed that i would need some kind of sign off once i was done.

You need a certified/calibrated flow meter to do final testing and setting up flow rates.  The certificate number and or a copy of certificate gets recorded on commissioning certificate. Depending on what your planning control require.

57 minutes ago, Post and beam said:

Can i do the tests if i use the correct calibrated meter then ?

Yup. It's quite a simple process to test, just a little tedious when you're balancing as you need to keep going around, and back on yourself, as altering one valve then affects the others.

15 hours ago, Tony K said:

I can't find evidence of one (outside of one or two suppliers claiming to have an approved contractor system, which in my experience isn't the same).

Cheers.

I just looked for a ventilation ( strategic ) partner who was PH certified, as some of the others are not, and for good reason.

9 hours ago, Nickfromwales said:

Yup. It's quite a simple process to test, just a little tedious when you're balancing as you need to keep going around, and back on yourself, as altering one valve then affects the others.

I just looked for a ventilation ( strategic ) partner who was PH certified, as some of the others are not, and for good reason.

Cheers. What is 'PH certified'? 

• 2 weeks later...

As far as I am

aware no certifying body..they go on a course and that’s it. Some installers are pretty good and happy to show you a portfolio of their work and combined with the extensive info on here..you can make an educated choice as to why you want an installer and if you do ..then the info on here gives you the means to choose one that seemingly knows how to do a good job.

We had a tradesman install ours and I wish I hadn’t….despite the person “going on a course” I’d say I learned more about it on this forum than they learned on the course.