Bed in bathroom

dai jinks

I've got a really weird question hanging around me about something else but don't know where to post it etc and it is, I've converted the loft with a shower bathroom about a metre of flat ceiling ( for door and shower unit etc) then it rakes about 30 degrees down to the from, passing by the toilet and opposite sink, leaving 2 m of rake space until the supporting wall on the steel beam for the existing roof etc.
In this approx 2m x 2 m space, am I allowed by regs to have a single bed to use now and again?
It could have a sliding barrier or similar ( like in victorian times when people slept in inclosed wooden compartments within he room occupied. Are there regs basicly to stop this practice of resting in such a spot.?
There is a velux above and the door could be changed to an fd 30.
OK just a thought.
Cheers

Converting the loft to a "habitable" room (like a bedroom) normally requires Building Control Approval but not Planning Permission.

However the Building Regulations for a three storey house are stricter than for a two storey house. The main concern is adequate escape routes if there is a fire. Dont want someone trapped up there. In some cases converting the loft requires alterations to the hall and staircase on the ground floor. 

Your big issue will be electrics.  A bathroom cannot have a socket within 3 metres of the bath.  It sounds like your room is not big enough for that.

This was an issue for me once where a customer put a shower in the corner of a bedroom.  It was just, and only just, possible to put a double socket in the opposite corner of the room to the shower, which of course was not where he wanted sockets to be.

• Like 1