Help POE passive injector for TL-WA801N

HI, I have 2 off  TL-WA801N used as wireless access points. they are (were) powered by the POE injectors that came with them.

poe.thumb.jpg.a568b246209739fbf94acafa16abb313.jpg

Unfortunately 1 has just stopped working. I've swapped them over to check its not cable related and tested the cable and these are ok. so its down to the injector.

Looking for a solution I came across POE switches, and thought great that will tidy the whole lot up and bought this cheap version.poegeo.jpg.44c4afcb21561c9096fdc40eea9a6b65.jpg

But this won't power the AP. I'm out of my depth here. It shows this capable of powering cameras but it wont send power to the AP. there are no setting so assume this just doesn't "see" the AP as needing POE?

What's the best solution to get back up and running?  I like the idea of the above as it saves to plug sockets, and removes the mini switch/ splitter I have. and removes the extra patch cables. but ultimately need something that works and hopefully for more than 4 weeks.

Thanks in advance

I think you need passive POE rather than active POE?

A Passive PoE switch is, as you might think, very similar to an active PoE switch, with one notable exception. In PoE, the switch and the remote equipment actually communicate and negotiate the proper voltage and the pins to use for the transfer of electrical power. In passive PoE, no negotiation takes place between the two devices and power is simply drawn from the switch. PoE can supply devices up to 100m away, whereas Passive PoE is limited to 30m.

• Thanks 1