ICF below ground finish / protection

Good evening,

I'm drawing up my design for an extension using Nudura and am wondering what to use as protection from rodents below ground / visible finish below the bottom of the render - as per the red text on the detail below. What have others done in this situation? Any advice would be much appreciated.

Also, if you spot anything else that could be improved please let me know!

image.thumb.png.cbc6a19c8d9ee212ae1c75af88cd826d.png

9 minutes ago, Andrewb said:

There are rats around (we're next to a farm) they got in the loft last winter, which was pretty unpleasant and had clearly been there with the previous owner. Luckily they've not been too destructive!

Would slates be cost effective?

You will need something that you are happy with aesthetically, for the bits above ground, and uPVC seems to not attract Roland and his band of merry rats. Below there, you could fit a stainless mesh I suppose. 

https://www.robinsonwirecloth.co.uk/online-shop/Stainless-woven-12-mesh-1-56-mm-aperture-p52090270?gclid=Cj0KCQiAxbefBhDfARIsAL4XLRqOMHuS0vydAnPgYkfzelJLtknW_PqPk32AoOoBwDIH9EVEe-8IcSAaAmhPEALw_wcB

I think paranoia may be worse than the event, but the above would offer some 'protection', perhaps. Whats stopping them coming up under the type 1 / sub-base?

Thanks those are some good ideas to consider. I'm going to use mesh at various new-old house boundaries as a barrier while I've not updated other parts of the house.

"Whats stopping them coming up under the type 1 / sub-base?"

Good question, hopefully a bit far to burrow? I'm new to this sort of thing, but not seen any details indicating that it's a common concern?