Do I ask the builders to redo the roof?

lauren87

Just had my kitchen extended and skylights installed!!

Am I over reacting about how bad this ceiling is? The finish of the plaster seems really rubbish, you can see the outline of all the boards.

Is this skylight completely wonky too? 

Any advice on what I can say to the builders without them coming up with excuses would be appreciated!!

IMG_20230112_174254.jpg

IMG_20230112_174247.jpg

IMG_20230203_182354.jpg

IMG_20230203_182358.jpg

IMG_20230203_211523.jpg

When you say just had this done, it looks to be painted already. Was it plastered or is this just paint over plasterboards? Either way it could have been flatter but this could also be due to painting before everything has dried. Let it dry thoroughly and a bit of sanding will make a massive difference.

the skylight reveal does look out of square and can be checked easily, camera angles can be deceiving 

Was the ceiling plastered or did they just fill over the joints and screw holes? It's not the best but I wouldn't say it needs to be redone... A good run down with a sander and another coat will work wonders. Try taking photos in daylight so we can have a better look.

It was plastered just before Christmas and then painted over at the beginning of January...about 2 weeks given for it to dry. 

This has been boarded and then plastered/ skimmed over. When it's daylight and the sun shines on it, it's not as noticeable...

The builders have been sanding but it doesn't seem to be getting any better, there are just so many areas that look rough, almost every part they have boarded has this warped finished, and the original 12 week deadline is now running into its 7 month! IMG_20230203_222221.thumb.jpg.6ecbe9c6a230a0fa9e4c9a0a6b82adb0.jpg