4-port or 2 x 3-port mixer?

Whilst I deliberate over the tank design:

In my 1 tank design I have included a 4 port mixer from the TS :

4-port.png

The Lower part of the TS being around 40oC the top being 60-80oC (load dependant), however my UFH only requires around 23oC, so the plan was to take it out of the store at around 30oC and let the manifolds do the rest.  However a 4-port valve with actuator will mix some from the top some from the middle and some from the bottom (I think) to achieve the desired output utilising a valve like this:

Valve.png

This means that I am utilising high grade (expensive) heat when I don’t need to.

Would it be better to use 2 x 3-port mixers as follows:

3-port.png

The first mixer isolating the top (hot) part of the tank unless there is a drop in the lower part that needs boosting, then the second mixer doing the final blend with the bottom/return leg.

Would this be more efficient?

Also I could use thermos actuators (no electricity).

Potentially I could do away with the TMV’s on the manifolds if I put the second mixer to the desired temperature, but that is for another day.

Thoughts please.

Edited by le-cerveau
Pictures included

Does the dotted line denote the 'deemed' midway point or is it a tank in tank design you've looked at for this example ?

Going to look at your tank thread again to try and join the dots, but this is a very curved ball here as the first needs to be ascertained in order to arrive at this thread, does it not?

Nick,

The dotted line is a stratifying plate, the example is an AKVATERM tank, it is not a tank in tank one, a Thermal Store.

Yes the 1/2 tank question is relevant, however the base question is relevant about 4 port vs 3 port mixers.