UFH ASHP - Getting finer temp control

Adam2

On 14/02/2023 at 07:48, HughF said:

Ideally you’d ditch the buffer and allow the heat pump to run direct into the ufh circuit, gaining considerable efficiency there. The industry is moving away from the buffer/llh/plate installation scheme and moving towards direct installations, as a drive to increase efficiency. Plenty of articles from Brendon Uys on LinkedIn about this (and the renewable heating forum)

You then wouldn’t have a disconnect between the heat generator and the heat consumer. The issue now present is that unfortunately the Cool Energy unit doesn’t have any idea of room temperature and thus cannot do load compensation.

You could however use the room stats to drive the call-for-heat input on the heat pump, and use them as hi-limit stats. Once the weather comp is set correctly then the internal Temperature should stay consistent. The high limit stats would take care of any solar gain.

Remember, not many heat pumps actually have load compensation, for some reason. LG and Mitsubishi are the only two that I remember.

tl;dr - your weather comp is set too high.

I’ve just gone and looked up some of those posts by Brendon. Very interesting esp some of those live videos with data. 

Im tempted to get my system re plumbed with buffer removed now my system is fully de-zoned.

• Like 1