1930's Cavity Wall - Stone-Gap-Brick - Insulated Plasterboard Applied Internally on Outside Facing Walls

Ramaya

Hi, I am looking at potentially installing insulated plasterboard on outside facing walls.

I have two rooms on the first floor that are exposed on 2 sides and are by far the coldest rooms in the house. I am about to remove the carpets and install new flooring, sand/plaster were required and refinish. I am wondering if there is a good time to potentially install some insulated plasterboard on the outside facing walls of each room. 

I have an unfilled cavity wall Stone (outside) - Gap - Brick wall (inside), is there any reason I should not do this? Anything in particular I should be mindful off?

My advice would be to definitely do it. Look on Kingspans website at their details to see what to do (you don't have to use kingspan but there details and calculators are usefull). Ideally you would do the room below too and extended the insulation and Vapour control layer right through the floor. Issues could be ventilation, and vapour control, you probably have trickle vents in your windows so this should cover the ventilation side for a quick job. Other things to think about are window reveals and new cills etc, you might also want to pop the windows out and fit cavity closers etc.