Well worth the cost and effort.  I've just 'snapped' off at ground level 4 posts that heve been in for 4 years.  I wouldnt put a wooden post in the ground without them.  Unless you enjoy redoing them every few years - just do it.

15 minutes ago, CC45 said:

Well worth the cost and effort.  I've just 'snapped' off at ground level 4 posts that heve been in for 4 years.  I wouldnt put a wooden post in the ground without them.  Unless you enjoy redoing them every few years - just do it.

I sometimes design things to allow replacement every 6-8 years, which is how long driven 3-4 inch posts last for me, which is OK when the 1.5m 90mm tantalised posts only cost £2.10 or so each (from an Agricultural Merchant in Matlock called Wardmans) and can be replaced and tied in with green screws and the old one pulled out or sawn off in 5 minutes. They always have a whole row of secondhand 4x4s on site too.

But back to Postsaver .. the company seem to have an excellent policy of undercutting everybody else reselling their products, but the £7 delivery charge sticks in the throat a bit, so the best option seems to be to order just over £50 from the company website to qualify for free delivery.

That is about 7 extra Postsavers, or a 30% lollipop on the extra if the order is raised from £30 for their starter pack to £50.

Ferdinand

Edited by Ferdinand