Discharge distances from boundaries?

Drellingore

11 minutes ago, Gone West said:

after I had got planning approval against the Head of Planning Department's recommendation

Haha, that sounds like an interesting story! Did you go to appeal?

11 minutes ago, Gone West said:

I just carried out the conditions and did the build.

Was your drainage strategy part of the approved documents in the planning application? Or was it just a matter of BCO needing to sign off the drainage implementation during the build? Planning want to approve our drainage strategy before building work starts.

15 hours ago, Drellingore said:

Haha, that sounds like an interesting story! Did you go to appeal?

We went to appeal after the second refusal and the Inspectorate refused and made recommendations that we included in our third application. When we were told it was going to be refused again I asked our local councillor if he would recommend it to go before the Planning Committee. It was passed unanimously much to the annoyance of the Head of Planning.

Was your drainage strategy part of the approved documents in the planning application?

No, it wasn't fortunately one of the conditions.

Planning want to approve our drainage strategy before building work starts.

That's tough, as from my experience they're a bunch of incompetents. My Head of Planning admitted that none of his PO had any design qualifications and that one PO could justifiably allow something which another PO in the same office might refuse. Good luck.

• Like 2