Bricklaying costs

eandg

I know it's location dependent but just wondering if anyone has some recent rates? I was quoted £45/m2 last year and the brickie has updated his quote - thinking he's got the job locked in - and is now quoting £72/m2. I know there's been inflation over the past year but that looks like it's taking the proverbial. 

I’ve a mate who has 80 bricklayers working for him 

NW 

Here are his rates 

Block work  100 mil 22m2 

BW 150 mil 28 m2

trench b 28 lin meter 

Face work 725 per 1000

Specials and detailing 18 per lin meter 

Hand mixing 50 per day per gang 

Pikes Extra 20% 

Hope this helps 

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, eandg said:

I know it's location dependent but just wondering if anyone has some recent rates? I was quoted £45/m2 last year and the brickie has updated his quote - thinking he's got the job locked in - and is now quoting £72/m2. I know there's been inflation over the past year but that looks like it's taking the proverbial. 

where are you ?

I’ve a mate who has 80 bricklayers working for him 

NW 

Here are his rates 

Block work  100 mil 22m2 

BW 150 mil 28 m2

trench b 28 lin meter 

Face work 725 per 1000

Specials and detailing 18 per lin meter 

Hand mixing 50 per day per gang 

Pikes Extra 20% 

Hope this helps 

Edited by nod

I guess those rates are are about right for there and are a good guide. I like the extra for pikes they always take longer. We charge a linear m rate of £15 for cut ups. We also charge about £10 for lintels. Our face work and blockwork rates are about 10% higher but it all depends on the complexity of the job in question. The OP’s original rates probably reflect this. 

On 18/01/2023 at 11:14, Canski said:

I guess those rates are are about right for there and are a good guide. I like the extra for pikes they always take longer. We charge a linear m rate of £15 for cut ups. We also charge about £10 for lintels. Our face work and blockwork rates are about 10% higher but it all depends on the complexity of the job in question. The OP’s original rates probably reflect this. 

Thanks for the response - brickie says rates are up (though have been negotiated down a bit) now he's had a full look at the site and realised how much loading is required. Which sounds reasonableish but also think he's chancing his arm knowing I'm locked in as it would otherwise be very difficult to get a couple of squads starting at short notice.