I'm new here....big refub planned for 23...

wardie9025

Hi all, just introducing myself as new to the forum but have been on and off the forums for the last few months using the excellent experience and advice to shape my thinking.

We are finalising the plans for an extension to our existing house and taking the opportunity to do a big retrofit at the same time to make the place much more comfortable and efficient.  I'd really like to post my various thoughts somewhere (UFH, ASHP, insulation, solar, rainwater harvesting etc) to run up the flagpole for people to throw rocks at and really test my ideas before we commit funds.....could anyone suggest the best place to do that?  I'm hoping that by getting out of my own head (I'm an engineer....) and using the experience of the forum we can really nail down something that's effective and makes best use of available funds and of course hoping to be able to contribute as well!

Cheers!

Edited by wardie9025
  • Like 2

Welcome @wardie9025: you've hit the nail on the head when you say 

... I'm hoping that by getting out of my own head (I'm an engineer....) and using the experience of the forum we can really nail down something that's effective and makes best use of available funds ...

This place is addictive because it reassures. You aren't the only one with [....] problem: many have faced something similar: maybe not exactly your problem, but every single reply offers a new starting point for your own thought.

To answer your question: '... could anyone suggest the best place to do that ...  I'm not clear about the meaning of 'that' ; test ideas or commit funds?

Use the structure of the homepage to act as a starting point: and if by chance you  post in the wrong slot  a Mod will move your post for you. 

An engineer you say. Not a structural engineer by chance? 

Edited by ToughButterCup