Can you upgrade a standard door lining to an FD30 spec?

cbk

I've installed standard door linings to first floor bedrooms and plans are approved without need of fire doors.  But new BCO is insisting that because I've put a staircase in to reach the loft space, then this now means all first floor doors opening to stairwell need to be rated FD30.  Loft space is a mix of plant room and a gym/kids play room so not classified as habitable space.    But BCO is arguing that it could be turned into bedroom space in future and hence I need to comply with regs for haitable space just in case.  I'm at first fix stage so linings are in and plasterboard is nearly complete.  I can add FD30 doors no problem but is there any way to upgrade the frame?  Or must these be replaced?   Or can I just argue that approved plans are for non habitable space and any change of use would need to address FD30 requirements in the future?

Any ideas welcome.

We had an old house and when we converted, our doors needed to be FD30, building control said and approved a incemesant paint and smoke seals around the door/door frame and self closure mechanism.   The paint had to be applied by certified person, they would not accept me doing it.

• Sad 1