Water Underfloor Heating - Zone 2

Michael CC

14 minutes ago, Michael CC said:

Black in 5 goes into one of the thermostat grey 4core which enter the wiring center at bottom right

There is the issue, the UFH valve only gets activated by that one thermostat.

So to correct this, not far off the original suggestion.

Disconnect that black link wire, leaving the grey from the thermostat where it is.

Connect a new bit of 2 core flex brown to 11 and blue to 5.  And connect the other end of that bit of 2 core flex to those currently unused terminal blocks bottom right of the manifold control box, brown to the left hand one, blue to the right hand one.

This will then energise the UFH valve when either UFH thermostat calls for heat.

48 minutes ago, ProDave said:

There is the issue, the UFH valve only gets activated by that one thermostat.

So to correct this, not far off the original suggestion.

Disconnect that black link wire, leaving the grey from the thermostat where it is.

Connect a new bit of 2 core flex brown to 11 and blue to 5.  And connect the other end of that bit of 2 core flex to those currently unused terminal blocks bottom right of the manifold control box, brown to the left hand one, blue to the right hand one.

This will then energise the UFH valve when either UFH thermostat calls for heat.

I think I got .... Thanks very much, I have 2 questions:

Q1 - Am I right that once I reconnect the new flex blue into 5, 5 will effectively only have the grey from the thermostat, the brown from the UFH valve and the new blue flex (connected to the UFH control box unused terminal on r/h side), then connect the new brown flex to terminal 11 and the other end to the UFH control box unused terminal on l/h side

Q2 - What do I do with the black wire currently in terminal 5?

Edited by Michael CC

Presently terminal 5 only has a brown and a black into it.  Remove the black AND disconnect the other end of the black, leaving anything the black was connected to, exactly where it was.

Terminal 5 will now have the brown (to the UFH motorised valve) in it, you will then be adding the blue from the new flex into terminal 5 so it now has the brown and a blue.

The brown of the new flex needs to connect to L, terminal 11 is a good place for that.

5 minutes ago, ProDave said:

Presently terminal 5 only has a brown and a black into it.  Remove the black AND disconnect the other end of the black, leaving anything the black was connected to, exactly where it was.

Terminal 5 will now have the brown (to the UFH motorised valve) in it, you will then be adding the blue from the new flex into terminal 5 so it now has the brown and a blue.

The brown of the new flex needs to connect to L, terminal 11 is a good place for that.

Thanks again, will let you know how I get on.

On 15/11/2022 at 14:21, ProDave said:

Hi ProDave,

All working a treat... I can now have the lounge on independently from Kitchen Thank you very much for all your help 👍👍👍

Please see attached pics.

4 minutes ago, ProDave said:

Glad to help.  I find it a great shame that so many electricians and plumber don't understand it and give you nonsense that it will only work from one of the thermostats.

As a keen diyer I like to have a go at things myself, but on this one I couldnt have done it without your know how - I had almost given up the other day but glad I didnt as I had asked the company that originallt installed the UFH and no one got back to me.  

Very grateful

Cheers

• Like 1