Feeling let down by Solax

lakelandfolk

When we purchased or retro inverter and 2 x 6.3kwh batteries we choose Solax because we were told the batteries could be easily expanded at a later date. 3 months after installation we tried to purchase an additional 6.3kwh battery only to discover it had been discontinued are there was not any stock available.

Very disappointed with Solax, and we have been trying for nearly 2 years to track one down without success, it could be new, refurbished or good used one.

Solax now supply a 5.8kwh model and I wonder if there are any solar experts out there that could suggest a way around this problem. For instance, would it be possible for a technician to reduce the number of cells in a 7.5kwh battery down to 6.3kwh to match our existing system? I appreciate that such a modification would negate any warranties. We want to go all electric but Solax have dropped us right in the you know what.

I would have thought that if you know the charging characteristics of the batteries, and the ability for the the inverter to supply, you could find a suitable battery pack.

Not that many mainstream makers of batteries once the branded cover is off them.

Thanks Steamy Tea, Sorry I made an error in my earlier posting. The modification would be adding cells to the 5.8kwh battery to match our existing 6.3kwh.  I am amazed that Solax, with all their technical expertise, can not supply a kit to enable the latest 5.8kwh battery to link with the 6.3kwh model.