Labour cost for fitting timber cladding?

Moonshine

I paid about £6.5k labour iirc. We bought 4130lm of a mix of charred larch and standard Siberian larch so that’s about £1.57/lm I think!

hope that helps. Although I think our chippie has put his daily rate up a bit since he finished our job so might’ve cost us a bit more if we were doing it now. 

• Like 1

On 02/11/2022 at 21:52, Thorfun said:

I paid about £6.5k labour iirc. We bought 4130lm of a mix of charred larch and standard Siberian larch so that’s about £1.57/lm I think!

hope that helps. Although I think our chippie has put his daily rate up a bit since he finished our job so might’ve cost us a bit more if we were doing it now. 

Cheers, that does look a cheap rate and can understand why his rates went up.

My thoughts were about £3 per l/m, which is £24 per m2 on 150mm larch (125mm coverage)

17 minutes ago, Moonshine said:

Cheers, that does look a cheap rate and can understand why his rates went up.

My thoughts were about £3 per l/m, which is £24 per m2 on 150mm larch (125mm coverage)

yeah, I was very happy with his quote and work! he was a one man band (with an occasional helper/labourer) so it took quite a while but that wasn't an issue for us as we're definitely not a speedy build.

I ended up taking a day off doing some of the cladding. In about 6.5 hours I did about 68 linear metres and a window trim.

Working solidily, treating cut ends and laser leveling every couple of lifts, so not rushing it too much.

On my own experience £3 may be a tad rich

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Moonshine said:

I ended up taking a day off doing some of the cladding. In about 6.5 hours I did about 68 linear metres and a window trim.

Working solidily, treating cut ends and laser leveling every couple of lifts, so not rushing it too much.

On my own experience £3 may be a tad rich

photos? 🙂 

On 10/11/2022 at 21:17, Thorfun said:

I wish you the best of luck! 

I did a solid side of the building the other day, straight runs without any windows / doors, managed 80 linear metres in 3 hours, treating cut ends and laser levelling every couple of lifts.

At £25 / h that's less than £1 a metre 😁

• Like 1