Galvanised trunking...to wood?

Onoff

I want to run some 50x50 galv trunking at high level around the garage. First though was to space it say 15/20mm off the underside of the trusses and screw through to the timber wall plate. This to allow space if I ever say plasterboard the garage ceiling. The trunking would sit say 1/4" off the wall plate (on plastic packs), where it passes over the vertical restraint straps etc. A run also has to come down over that restraint strap where the brick pillar meets the Celcon blocks. 

Fixing to wood, is this a bad idea?

(No I didn't have the engine hoist up there to pull an engine out). 

IMG_20201025_132710638.thumb.jpg.4d18bb5486353c39d8d34208eb23207b.jpg.58df82b75f8b444c92e07706a2a0a072.jpg

Fix to anything you want 

when the wall plate is on fire the trunking is to be replaced anyway.

I hate 2x2 trunking. It’s a hand cutter prefer 3x3. A bit more room for bushes etc 

Edited by TonyT

4 minutes ago, TonyT said:

when the wall plate is on fire the trunking is to be replaced anyway.

That was my thinking. Where it passes over the doorway (the escape route) it'll have to be fixed anyway to the celcon blockwork. 

I'm feeling guilty as I bought pre made corners.

Just make sure there is a full length over the door fixed centrally then there will be no sag from a join.

a bit of all round band or metal tie rap inside the trunking fixed to the wall above  the door will solve any worries  about pre collapse/fire escape issues.

nothing wrong in buying bends, speeds the installation process up.

make sure you have your continuity straps across the joins😏