Macerator confusion

Pocster

Looking at the instructions for this ( you know the type all piccy's no words)

Looking at the back of the macerator there are clear pipes top left and a black pipe ( ducting?) top right - can't see any mention of them in the pic's - what are they for?

Also this black pipe which they show somehow fitting to the base ; I don't get it.

Water in easy, electrics in easy, waste out to the right easy. What's all this other stuff????

IMG_6594.jpg

IMG_6595.jpg

IMG_6596.jpg

Decided to call saniflow....

Pipe at base is for a basin input 

Clear pipes top left are some sort of air admittance type valve i.e. leave alone

Top right pipe is an overflow which in theory should never have anything coming out of it but can. Apparently reducing water pressure can reduce this 'drip'

There - so we all learnt something today!

Edited by pocster

Don't like this. It's a tight space so have to jubilee clip short pipes for waste and basin to pan before putting in situ. Assume I have to jubilee the other end before going to weld pipe otherwise if (when!) I need to remove pan I'll be stuffed.

Don't like jubilee clips. Don't like visible pipework - but no real choice.

Edited by pocster

Not the same model but our saniflow has been in over 20 years so hopefully you won’t have to mess with it when done. Looks a small neat one. Do they still advise no strong cleaning chemicals and bleach.  Dread the day we need to take ours out it I know HWMBO will get plumber just because he won’t touch it.