3 phase permali box

Mr Blobby

NIE specifications are like this:

image.thumb.png.0d17c5623799e6f4b0c65f921abc1ed7.png

... the problem is that  the required 600x600x270 semi-recessed box doesn't actually exsist.  Or at least I can't find one.

I have reasied this problem with NIE who insist that a GB box at 770x550x210 just won't do.  https://www.meterboxes.co.uk/products/mitras-3-phase-recessed-electricity-meter-box

NIE won't provide a link to a suitable product but instead told me to ring around the local builders merchants.  Am not having much joy.

Anyone have a link to a big permali box?

... and no NIE don't allow a stand alone cabinet or suface mounted box.

You will probably find the team that comes to put the supply in won’t care too much that everything isn’t exactly as you are being told it needs to be. That was certainly the case with my supply install. I went to great lengths to get everything exactly as SSEN wanted as per the documentation. The blokes that turned up from SSEN never bothered checking anything and didn’t even follow their own guidelines for certain things. You al so might find, as I did, that the specific item they specify is unobtainable. 

Yeah, the guys won't care as long as they can fit the stuff in. Mine was nowhere near the right height off the ground and didn't care. Same for the meter install guy. However, the guy that did our temp kiosk is tall was Mr Fussy and abandoned the job.