Alternatives to render for a light coloured finish

Indy

Been a while since I last posted, but we had the bad news of our planning application being refused for a number of different reasons. Going through the combined process of appeal (which the architect thinks we'll win) but also tweaking the current design to address some of the points raised in the refusal. 

One of the things (not a cause for refusal) is that our current finish on the house (masonry or ICF construction) is white render all the way through. I do like the look of this but have recently seen a lot of examples in person where the render starts looking rough after a few years, green marks near the base etc.

Want to look at alternatives to this which would be lower maintenance, as I think we'll have to end up repainting the render finish every 5 years or so to keep it looking fresh. What options are there - light/white coloured that would give us durability?

I do like the thought of some sort of stone cladding that would be durable enough but not sure how this would work and how expensive it could end up being?

Have a look at the EWI Pro thin coat silicone renders, they are more resistant to staining compared to monochouche, and more resistant to cracking.

being coloured through they don’t require painting and can be pressure washed if they do get dirty through mud splashes algae etc.