Hello, my name is...

TobiasTertius

Hi All, 

I have just joined the forum after browsing for a solution to a few issues we have with our current extension. 

We live in a pair of Victorian farm workers cottages on the Suffolk coast. We bought them in 2014 when we fully gutted and renovated them, adding a large rear timber framed extension 12m wide with large glass doors. We did a lot of the work ourselves, and used considerate materials where we could. The floor is Limecrete throughout, and the walls are all hemp lined with Fermacell board, which gives us a fully breathable envelope for this solid walled property.

We are in the midst of a second side extension, this time with a main contractor on board for the first phase. This build is two storey, timber framed with hempcrete sprayed insulation against hempblock lining to internal face of frame, total build up 300mm. To be clad in Larch similar to the first extension. 

We aim to get dry with help of contractor, and then take over a lot of the internal work ourselves to get finished over a longer period. 

I may post soon on a couple of issues we are facing. 

Best regards to all

Tobias

IMG_2392.jpeg

• Like 1