Airtightness issue between double trusses

Thorfun

We had some deep ones too, and they seemed to get same approach to work.  Just a longer "crack" section on the the g-string.   That said, looking at this photo now, I'm not sure how they did it.

20201031_153350.thumb.jpg.737c53079a5c4ef5da23a93fe21c73e9.jpg

20 minutes ago, Dan F said:

We had some deep ones too, and they seemed to get same approach to work.  Just a longer "crack" section on the the g-string.   That said, looking at this photo now, I'm not sure how they did it.

20201031_153350.thumb.jpg.737c53079a5c4ef5da23a93fe21c73e9.jpg

yeah, I can't see how they could push tape between those all the way up! regardless, I guess your airtightness score was pretty darn good anyway so maybe the airloss through those double trusses is not as bad as I think it will be.

25 minutes ago, Thorfun said:

yeah, I can't see how they could push tape between those all the way up! regardless, I guess your airtightness score was pretty darn good anyway so maybe the airloss through those double trusses is not as bad as I think it will be.

Wasn't fantastic, but wasn't terrible either.  I think the first test was about 0.55 ACH.  That said, I'd still do best to fill all visible gaps as everything adds up and there might be other things later that happen that you don't have such easy access to or even notice.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dan F said:

Wasn't fantastic, but wasn't terrible either.  I think the first test was about 0.55 ACH.  That said, I'd still do best to fill all visible gaps as everything adds up and there might be other things later that happen that you don't have such easy access to or even notice.

0.55ACH isn't fantastic? wtf! that's passive house standards, right? I'd say that was pretty darn rooting tooting good. 🤠

I've done as planned and I'm very happy with the results. I can see a continuous layer of foam from top to bottom of the cord and it's spread quite wide so I'm very confident that it's airtight!

image.jpeg.28768969d622d294a38b357d449c5570.jpeg

great solution from the hive mind. thanks again.

• Like 2