Pipes under suspended floor

Glasman

Hi hope I’ve posted in the correct part. I have as shown in photo I have these pipes 3 bricks below suspended floor air vent all around the detached house. One side of house you cannot see the pipes as ground level is one brick below ground level and there’s a channel filled with decorative stones that cover the pipes, and the back of the house is the same channel back filled with decorative stones, but if I dig down the stones out the pipes are there. On the side of house shown in photo these pipes are exposed as the house is below ground level due to street being on a slope. Does anyone know what these are and what there purpose is? Can I back fill with soil and type one to level out for a shed? Would I need to have a 4” channel like other side & back of house back filled with stones? 

35B7228E-86D2-49AE-986C-8E47AC0BBFDA.png

The house is only 17years old, it doesn’t have any basement or storage area below. It’s just a very small space that’s under the suspended floor where there are cables and pipes for the radiators etc. No other neighbours houses have these exposed. As you can see there’s a pipe below each air vent 

A8233DA1-1C39-4A6E-8DE0-02952F2861E8.png

1 hour ago, Simplysimon said:

radon risk area map, pipe could be a home for undesirable rodents

Going by the map my area looks fine (no colour around it). Rodents is on other reason I want them either plugged up or ground level raised up against them like the rest of the house. Do you reckon I’m safe to bury them? Any idea what they would be for? Have I posted in the right section on here 🤣 I’ve just joined 

11 minutes ago, Simplysimon said:

can you look under the floor to see if they go through into the underfloor space. if so rodent mesh across the pipe will allow for whatever reason they're there and stop anything untoward getting in

I can’t get access now as layed new wooden floor but from what I can remember when running cables below I didn’t notice any plastic piping running under floor boards. I’d like to thing that I could just bury them as the others around the house are buried. It’s only that side of house that has them exposed, maybe due to the street being on a slope.