Gloucestershire New build

BourbonStable

Hi All, 

Been lurking here for a little while, found some good advice etc.

We received planning in January for a well insulted timber i-beam house on the footprint of some stables in Gloucestershire

Looking for recommendations for a foundation supplier, drawings all done for an insulated slab, flat easy to access site. Also carpenter to erect I-beam frame on site. Hoping to find someone who can start in the next few months, if there's a chance of that?!

I expect there will be many more questions to come. 
Thanks

6 Aerial.jpg

183828104_Scene21.jpg

welcome. looks amazing and I look forward to reading about your journey on here if you post. 

not sure about finding a good tradesperson to start in 2 months. it's my experience the the good ones are booked up for a while. also, one of the first things I learnt as we started our on-going self-build journey is that things ALWAYS take longer than you think. so, even though you think you'll be ready in 2 months for the TF the chances are you won't be. lead time for the insulated slab, groundworker availability, material availability, trades taking summer holidays/sick days/popping off to do other jobs etc all makes things take longer. Also it is a lot more stressful trying to stick to a tight timeline (I speak from experience). once I figured that out and started leaving a couple of weeks at least between stages, i.e. foundations and TF, TF and windows etc, the stress levels reduced substantially.

good luck though and I wish you all the best on your journey.

35 minutes ago, Thorfun said:

not sure about finding a good tradesperson to start in 2 months. it's my experience the the good ones are booked up for a while. also, one of the first things I learnt as we started our on-going self-build journey is that things ALWAYS take longer than you think. so, even though you think you'll be ready in 2 months for the TF the chances are you won't be. lead time for the insulated slab, groundworker availability, material availability, trades taking summer holidays/sick days/popping off to do other jobs etc all makes things take longer. Also it is a lot more stressful trying to stick to a tight timeline (I speak from experience). once I figured that out and started leaving a couple of weeks at least between stages, i.e. foundations and TF, TF and windows etc, the stress levels reduced substantially.

Thanks, I was definitely leaning that way, and will leave space, not looking for too tight of a schedule. Gives me a chance to pick up odd jobs and tidy up etc too.  

Just hoping to get groundworks started before the dead of winter, otherwise its looking like the new year. 

2 minutes ago, BourbonStable said:

Just hoping to get groundworks started before the dead of winter, otherwise its looking like the new year. 

yeah. this is a good idea. our groundworkers wouldn't start until things started drying up a bit in April, although they were digging 3.5m down to build a basement!