Commenting on objections

southlakes

Hello

Could anyone advise;

Once an application is sitting online, and neighbors/parish submit objections, is there are method by which we can respond to objections?

For example, a neighbor has objected highlighting that a previous application was rejected.  Shes completly got her facts mixed up.  can we respond to that, or is it now puerly down to the planning officer to do their homework?

Thank you all.

You should be able to comment online.  Go through the comments tab on the Application Summary, login or register and then off you go.

Whether you want to get into a 'spat' with your objector is up to you.  Any comments you make should be limited to planning issues only.  I would be wary about commenting, the Planning Officer will make contact if the Objection has any bearing on his/her determination.

I've never seen the ability to respond to a comment in a planning portal, only put in a new comment. I would ignore it and let the planning officer deal with it, they will most likely ignore it as well. Objections from neighbours etc have to be considered but they carry very little weight.

We had an objection that tried to challenge our interpretation of pre-application advice and was somewhat selective in the way it was represented the advice we'd been given.  You'd hope the planning officer would go to the effort of reading everything in context, but with our architect we decided to take to control of the narrative and set out our rationale behind each of the objection points.  We sent this directly to the planning officer.

We'll never know if it made a difference....!  We didn't comment on any of the other objections and just allowed the planning officer to make up their own mind if they were valid, but intervened on this one as it potentially misrepresented our application.

Edited by BadgerBadger