SIP and INP

I assume when you talk about SIP's you are referring to a wood skin sandwich. Wood sometimes can be challenging. Metal on the other hand  could help reduce some the work you have to do. INP's are Insulated Panels made with metal. They are available on various thickness, more thickness the stronger they are and of course the insulation is better. Paint finish is also fabulous with also different finishes available by the paint. 

Some oblivions places to use INP's would be the roof. With Insulated panels used on the roof, you have a whether proof roof within a few days. You can also get profiles that look like roof tiles. Another place for INP would be the floor, as again they are strong and contain insulation. 

You can of course use Insulated Panels for the walls. Manufactures offer a great range of profiles and can also bend the panel for corners to make a smooth neat corner for the building. If you want to plaster board in side, then you can batten and plaster board if you wish. 

Hope the above has been helpful.  

colonial-5-ondas-ral8023-_1_.jpeg

trapezoidal-roof-panel.jpg

quadcore-ks1000mr-micro-rib-wall-panel-anthracite.jpg

• Like 1

On 18/07/2022 at 19:24, Iceverge said:

@yberllan do you work in the IMP trade yourself?

Industry experience is always welcome.

I watched Roger Bisby AKA Skillbuilder make a garden room last night from them and I was impressed with the kit of parts that turned into a building. 

Yes agree a very good film on throwing up a building made all with Metal Insulated Panel. From what I am reading and watching the Insulated Metal Panel is so under sued in the DIY market as it is not found in the DIY stores or builder merchants. It just makes sense to use Insulated Metal Panel as a roof option on a building rather than using timber and rubber or tiles etc. You a roof in less than a day that is sound.