Clay Air Bricks & Periscope Vents

BadgerBadger

We're planning to use clay air bricks for our subfloor periscope vents instead of plastic ones.  I bought Manthorpe G960 periscopes as they advertised they could be used with clay bricks, sure enough the clay ones fit snugly at the front.

However, we have a brick plinth detail so the vent needs to pass through a 215mm outer leaf.  I bought some Manthorpe G935 extender sleeves, which would do the trick except the clay air bricks don't fit.

Is it just a matter of trimming the sleeve to length and then butting up directly against the clay brick? Or any other trick?

2 hours ago, BadgerBadger said:

We're planning to use clay air bricks for our subfloor periscope vents instead of plastic ones.  I bought Manthorpe G960 periscopes as they advertised they could be used with clay bricks, sure enough the clay ones fit snugly at the front.

However, we have a brick plinth detail so the vent needs to pass through a 215mm outer leaf.  I bought some Manthorpe G935 extender sleeves, which would do the trick except the clay air bricks don't fit.

Is it just a matter of trimming the sleeve to length and then butting up directly against the clay brick? Or any other trick?

I just cut a horizontal extension in half and fixed it together with two screws 

If your laying the engineering bricks yourself 

a good trick is to lay the engineering bricks ignoring the vent brick Then take a brick out later and replace with the clay vent brick 

Otherwise the holes fill up at the back 

image.jpg

Edited by nod