AliExpress haul

HughF

I'm a real cheapskate and I objected to paying Caleffi prices for anti-freeze valves... A quick search on my favourite internet shopping site turned these up:

IMG_0839.thumb.JPG.5120f0f71cefa48e6296261db909c8e2.JPG

1/2 BSPP, just need fitting into a T and they'll work just fine. £18 each.

I also bought a 3 port diverter from the same seller which seems pretty nice quality. It doesn't have any microswitches, but for £18 again, I can live with that.

IMG_0835.thumb.JPG.834002188a6370995de1c765ce229d5e.JPG

7 minutes ago, Carrerahill said:

Just bought some micro solar inverters from Aliexpress - hope my luck is as good as yours!

I had my eye on those, they look like they’re great value. I was considering using them to add some new solar generation onto the AC side of my off grid setup. It’s just too far to wire back to the batteries.

1 hour ago, HughF said:

I had my eye on those, they look like they’re great value. I was considering using them to add some new solar generation onto the AC side of my off grid setup. It’s just too far to wire back to the batteries.

I have 3 panels on my wood shed, 340W in total, the first solar panel I got was just a little experiment and I bought a 120W microinverter from Amazon for £40 - they are now £60 and out of stock in most places, so I bought some more from Aliexpress for £25 each plus shipping. 

They are the little aluminium housed ones with a green and orange label, I think they are great value for money and when you consider £ per W on the roof installed and working they are very economical for little stand alone systems. I am however using a normal inverter on the house array.

Edited by Carrerahill