EWI - Kingspan versus graphite EPS

Lemna gibba

Hello,

We're planning a pretty major remodel of our house and as part of that would like to include EWI. We should be pretty ok with 100 mm, but no more without extending the roof. I would like to use Kingspan K5 due to the lower U value, and understand that it is both more expensive and more complicated to install. I spoke to a couple of installers who seemed to favour EPS, but I assume that this was for their convenience primarily. One said that Kingspan came with a shorter guarantee, and that they can bow out over time. How commonly is Kingspan used for EWI on older properties (1930s solid brick) and can anyone recommend any installers in the Nottingham/Derby/Leicester area. 

I use a lot of EWI and render as part of my business Whilst U values can vary slightly EWI and render are pretty bombproof I’ve never had any issues 

over the last 20 years plus 

I’ve no particular preference over different systems 

But I would ask your chosen contractor if you can look at previous jobs By the nature of the EWI They  should have dozens of completed jobs in your area 

34 minutes ago, nod said:

But I would ask your chosen contractor if you can look at previous jobs By the nature of the EWI They  should have dozens of completed jobs in your area 

Yes, definitely check your installer's history. I won't name the company but a rep called me the other day asking me if I was planning to order more ewi as I hadn't bought from them in a while (I'm doing the ewi on my house myself). I said yes and that I'd be ordering some more supplies in the next couple of months. They said they'd keep my account open and next thing I know I've been given pro installer status and can get access to their warranties etc. I have no background and very little experience and thankfully would never in a million years be selling my services for this, but I'm sure there are those that would.