Window should it have a drip sill

GrantMcscott

Hi

Bricklayer is install window sills and he think that my Velux windows should have a drip sill.  I have contacted Velux and looked at the instructions and it does not have anything else.

I am just going to mastic the gap between window and sill

Is this correct

image.thumb.jpeg.923803e30cc39d04fc326b5ae7b1a8e6.jpeg

281329457_573296127417553_5572771468253682758_n.jpg

iv just had a look at the instructions https://www.velux.co.uk/professional/technical-resources/installation-guides and dependant on what flashing kit and window you have depends on how the cill sits, what window and kit do you have?? to me it looks like the cill is too high and possibly not the right shape to work with the velux windows, the flat bit of the cill should be under the window, but it is likely too big if you mastic the gap at the bottow as the instructions suggest you will have a flat bit that water will collect on 

38 minutes ago, Hobbiniho said:

iv just had a look at the instructions https://www.velux.co.uk/professional/technical-resources/installation-guides and dependant on what flashing kit and window you have depends on how the cill sits, what window and kit do you have?? to me it looks like the cill is too high and possibly not the right shape to work with the velux windows, the flat bit of the cill should be under the window, but it is likely too big if you mastic the gap at the bottow as the instructions suggest you will have a flat bit that water will collect on 

Hi thanks for the reply.  The window are vfe MK35