Marshall drivesys system on a 13 degree slope???

Adsibob

The incline on my driveway, down to the house, is between 11.5 and 13 degrees. We are considering the Marshall drivesys system (in the "split stone basalt" range) which is basically fake basalt, sculpted from concrete.

I asked the supplier if this was an anti slip product and whether it could be used on a driveway with such a big incline. This was their response (i had initially thought our gradient was 10 degrees, but actually it is slightly more):

"Thank you for mentioning the gradient on your driveway as this is actually quite an important factor, especially with this product.

All of the Marshalls Drivesys products (and the Stonemarket Templeton and Millstone driveway products) have a protective seal applied to the blocks during manufacturing to help prevent against scratches during transportation and when installed, and this seal will weather away.

Our suppliers technical team advise “the protective seal will be slightly slippery underfoot until weathered”, and this weathering period can last for several months. 
Marshalls don’t advise installation of this product on gradients of 15 degrees or more because of this protective seal resulting in less traction on car tyres and exacerbating the slippiness.

With a gradient of 10 degrees, Marshalls advise for you to take extra care until the protective seal wears off.

Regarding slip rating, this isn’t calculated in the same as you may have seen for garden paving (for example R11, R12 ratings etc), but all of Marshalls’ products are rigorously tested for anti-slip properties and are fit for purpose. 
However, Marshalls advised once the seal wears off and the concrete finish comes through, then it meets their high standards for anti-slip resistance.

As I mentioned, it is only the Marshalls Drivesys Range and the Stonemarket Templeton and Millstone driveway ranges that come with this protective seal.
Marshalls overall advice is to exercise caution after installation until the seal wears off, so will leave the decision with you, but personally I would advise to look at alternative products and consider whether this is the right product for you."

What do I do? Would you install this? It isn't cheap, but looks really nice and makes it much easier to achieve a grid of mixed sized stones. But then I don't want to slip as I get in and out of my car!!!

Edited by Adsibob

That neighbour you dislike. As a peace offering, let them park their car in your drive for a few months.

I hope that wall that your better half wants changed is the one facing the bottom of the drive.

Or just pressure wash it.

Edited by SteamyTea

11 hours ago, Temp said:

Thanks. I wholeheartedly agree with this, it’s just crazy:

Hardly safe or acceptable when a client has to effectivley wear off the sealer by walking over it and wait that period of time until its in a correct condition to use. It should be safe to use from day one

though presumably, it is is just a lithofin wax which they use, I could remove it with this:

https://www.tileexperience.co.uk/lithofin-waxoff-1ltr?kw=&ci=338382120401&network=g&pm=&cid=1735877011&aid=70874818467&tid=pla-885409232608&dev=m&mt=&lim=&lpm=9045955&pos=&dm=&fid=&mid=132160864&pid=lith0122&country=GB&source=google&gclid=Cj0KCQjw1ZeUBhDyARIsAOzAqQJJwCqhgAFyc-hHqeWLaBlkGQxMyZwuSu-jFD7G4h0hSfY99Pqs9CEaAl2AEALw_wcB

Edited by Adsibob