Replacing iron railings between brick pillars with fence panels.

Hey guys. I have a balcony on my house, which is the only outside space I have. i would like to make it a bit more private so I can sit out and enjoy the space a bit more. i did have some plastic 'ivy' screening (as you can see on the left) but it hasnt weathered the storms of the last 12 months so well.
I would love to be able to remove the raiings and just replace with some fence panels, but I'm not sure if the brick pillars would need some sort of reinforcement or would withstand the wind with fence panels? Maybe hit and miss would help the wind get through a bit better?
I've seen a lot of conflicting information on my search and I'm a bit stuck on what best to do. I don't mind if it's something wooden or pvc/composite. Just looking really for ideas on the best way to go about it and how best to attach it. I think the size may be a bit of a pain as well, the space is 7ft x 2.6ft, though I could go up to 2.8 ft with the clearance between the copings on the bottom wall and the top of the pillars.

20220515_162338.jpg

16 minutes ago, Mr Punter said:

You could easily do this in closeboard and cut the arris rails to suit the span.  You could have a 1/2 post either end and arris brackets.

So, take out the railings, bolt a couple of posts to the pillars, use arris brackets to attach a top and bottom arris rail across, then cut feather edge board to length and nail on? Apologies, you're talking to a bit of a joinery noob here. What size timber would be best suited for the posts? I'm half tempted to get somebody in, half tempted to give it a go myself. I could borrow a circular saw off my uncle to make the cuts nice and quick and easy.

Also, doing it bespoke, I could go a few inches higher in the middle for a few extra inches privacy, which is good as the neighbours house is lit up like a christmas tree and some of their outside lights shine into the bedroom. An extra couple of inches would completely block it out.

3 minutes ago, sKiTz-0 said:

What size timber would be best suited for the posts?

4X2 - 100 x 47.  You could have gravel board at the bottom but no need.  A chop saw may be better for cutting the feather edge.

9 minutes ago, Mr Punter said:

4X2 - 100 x 47.  You could have gravel board at the bottom but no need.  A chop saw may be better for cutting the feather edge.

Thank you, I had 4x2 in my head so that's confirmation at least. Thanks for the tip on the chop saw.