Sticking roof tiles to OSB : recommendation please

I'm about to put up a flat porch canopy stile 'roof' to cover a bike rack. The apex of that canopy roof  will be tucked under the gutter and eaves of our piggery. At the top of the rafter, therefore,   I won't be able to nail slates - I'll have to fasten them some other way.....  How? Stick them ? With.... ?

I'm intending to use OSB under the slates instead of battens.

eaves.thumb.jpg.c8c4895beff6270946edc7c721c1f1a3.jpg

Thanks....

(PS I've already thought of fastening the slates to the OSB first, and then raise the 'unit' and fix in place. I'm not strong enough to do that on my own)

Damn, got the slates on the wrong way up  .... eejit.

Edited by ToughButterCup

1 hour ago, ToughButterCup said:

I'm about to put up a flat porch canopy stile 'roof' to cover a bike rack. The apex of that canopy roof  will be tucked under the gutter and eaves of our piggery. At the top of the rafter, therefore,   I won't be able to nail slates - I'll have to fasten them some other way.....  How? Stick them ? With.... ?

I'm intending to use OSB under the slates instead of battens.

eaves.thumb.jpg.c8c4895beff6270946edc7c721c1f1a3.jpg

Thanks....

(PS I've already thought of fastening the slates to the OSB first, and then raise the 'unit' and fix in place. I'm not strong enough to do that on my own)

Damn, got the slates on the wrong way up  .... eejit.

Just how tight are we talking? 

Have you seen slate clips? I am sure you could rejig those to work.

Angled screw driver and screws?

Could you, depending on weight/size here, fasten the slates down first as a panel then move into position and fix down?

Draw the layout out of the slates on the membrane then put in nails where required with round heads just smaller than the slate hole and sticking up enough, and "hang the slates".

A combo of the above plan with slate hangers. 

Buy one of these panels of fake slates.

Get the mouse to do it with a tiny hammer.