Missing component and Airtightness in sliding external doors

Radian

I'm currently looking into what I believe is a missing component in the supply and fit of our external sliding doors. It is a plastic infill strip as coloured yellow in this diagram:

image.thumb.png.d4f589f6333d0c40a637f32adec906f3.png

Our channels are fitted with the plastic insert shown in red along with the retaining clips which would seem to indicate that the frames should have been supplied with the drain tray but none were delivered. It's been a couple of years since the doors were fitted but it only recently struck me that the channels looked unfinished on the inside. There are even some frame fixing screw heads visible in the bottom of the channel. 🤮

My first question is should we expect these trays to have been included? My second question is how the heck to people manage such drainage details when trying to achieve airtightness???

1 hour ago, Radian said:

should we expect these trays to have been included?

Yes. This is a very specific part which has been made for this door and will not be available from anywhere else.

Without it perhaps any water finds its way ut, or perhps it runs down the screw and ....then out of the ends of the door frame?

Contact the manufacturer.

Failing that you could make something  to provide that sloping top surface, and lose the deep exposed channel

I wonder who's been at fault with this. I specified the doors but didn't think it necessary to itemise every single component. The installer never mentioned it might be missing (and he was the one trying to tidy up the CT1 on the frame fixings 🙄). If it's the supplier and more than two years has gone by I'm not even sure what to say to them!

I don't think there's any detrimental effect other than the visual appearance which now I've clocked it, is beginning to annoy me.