Ridgid 1450 pressure test pump issue

Colms

Hi guys/gals. I need to test a small bit of plumbing I've done. I bought a ridgid 1450 pressure tester20220327_164737.thumb.jpg.3c9477b8cfc59bbdbe8f7a071ceb1e16.jpg (over kill I know), but its not holding pressure. The hose that attaches to your pipe/rad etc is leaking. Is it supposed to come with a washer? Cheers

Screenshot_20220327-165425_Gallery.jpg

OTT indeed lol. Not ever used one myself, but I've seen those types of fittings before.

I think that fitting relies on the integral part of the union being in contact with the target union, and then the pressure applied by tightening the nut creates the seal. Do you have a pic of the inside of that fitting please?

• Thanks 1

Should be a rubber washer in the end of the fitting ..? Is it not there ..? Best / quickest way to use these is to fit a 1/2” to 15mm push fit (ironically Speedfit is easier as it doesn’t need tools to release it. 
Then you can just test your connection once and then just push it onto the end of any pipe. 

Edited by PeterW
Last line missing ..!
  • Thanks 1

Sorry, not much help other than to double check where the water is coming from and to try PTFE on the male threads.

My plumber leant me his, couldn't figure out how to connect it to the UFH manifold so connected the garden hose to the drain valve instead 🤣

Edited by Conor
  • Thanks 1

Thanks for the replies guys. I just can't get bit to stop weeping. I'm abit surprised it didn't come with a washer. This is the second one I had. The other one come with a broken gauge. So didn't even test that one, but it didn't have a washer either. This is another pic of the connection. 

20220327_213450.jpg

So looking at the spares it’s 54812 and comes as a pack of 5 but it’s out of stock/back order pretty much everywhere ..!

It looks a fairly standard rubber washer so I would go down to the local hydraulic place and see if they have anything or if you can wait a few days order a pack of these 

https://www.bes.co.uk/1-2in-nitrile-hose-washers-pack-of-10-11474/

• Thanks 1

Thanks guys. Appreciate the responses. I thought it would need a washer. I just can't understand how they don't come with them. Or at least mention that you need them in the Instruction manual. Says absolutely nothing about it. 

6 hours ago, Colms said:

Thanks guys. Appreciate the responses. I thought it would need a washer. I just can't understand how they don't come with them. Or at least mention that you need them in the Instruction manual. Says absolutely nothing about it. 

Just remember to turn the nut not the fitting, so the washer doesn't twist as you tighten ;) 

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Colms said:

It probably did and you've dropped it or its stuck in the packaging... Took me an entire weekend of fiddling and refitting my Quooker tap before I realised I'd lost one of the weird sized fibre washers. Never did find it and had to buy a big box of mixed washers to get one roughly the right size.