Solar installer recommendations?

ma9mwah

It's there a good place to find recommended installers and not just some flyby outfit? I'm in the West Manchester area. 

Also if I have a roof that has no shading issues is there any worth in getting micro inverter/optimiser?

17 hours ago, ma9mwah said:

Also if I have a roof that has no shading issues is there any worth in getting micro inverter/optimiser?

A dollop of seagull s**t, a bit of saharan dust,  or passing clouds all constitute shading. Optimisers/micro inverters also allow individual panel monitoring/fault finding, the use of mismatched panel outputs and with Solaredge give a safe DC shutdown if the inverter is powered down.

Quite a bit of extra outlay but well worth it, in my view👍

• Like 1

On 25/03/2022 at 20:25, ma9mwah said:

It's there a good place to find recommended installers and not just some flyby outfit? I'm in the West Manchester area. 

https://ecoenergyenvironment.com/about-us/

They've installed on a number of BH members builds. Typically installing German equipment ( Solarwatt ) but also do LG if you want silver instead of gold :). Mention the forum if you make contact.

• Like 1