Detail for base of wheelchair accessible door frame

mac the knife

Hello folks. 
We have doors coming in a few weeks with wheelchair accessible threasholds and I need to pour the base of these in advance. 
The lads who came to measure the door opening said to measure back 70mm from the outer leaf of cavity (100mm) and to pour the base from that out, with insulation put in behind it. 

Any idea where I can get an exact detail of that? 

Can supply a photo of the door openings if needed. 

Cheers

Best ask them for a sketch. Its not clear from your question which bit the door co is providing with the door? 

Here is one example section that uses a precast concrete sill to which a Part M door seal would be added on top. If  they are providing a uPVC door sill or ?? the details might be different.

figure1large.jpg

Here is one I have modified it to try and match what you say they asked for. But this is just my interpretation ! 

image.thumb.png.a0365974ff611b9d8568f237af40ed8d.png

However lot more info is needed to work out other dimensions such as the levels/height.  This will depend on the dimensions of the sill and the internal floor make up.

Very easy to get this wrong hence recommend you ask them for a drawing of what they expect. Not sure how they could measure up for the height of the door without some of this already being determined? 

DPC/DPM not shown.

Edited by Temp

I had a nightmare sorting our door block / threshold details. The best thing to do is speak to a technical person from the window manufacturer and get drawings and if you are unsure about anything send back a markup and ask them to clarify it.

They told me the wrong heights for one doors and ended up with an obscene amount of Packers and expanding foam under it. Luckily, the front door is bang on.