Discharging Planning Conditions...

We have a list of seemingly basic Planning Conditions, we opted to deal with the discharge of these conditions ourselves, they are roughly as follows -

1. Must commence within 3 years - We have already returned our commencement notice (and done all the CIL paperwork)

2. Shall be carried out in accordance with the submitted plans

3. Prior to first occupation, shall be laid out, levelled and surfaced for car parking/turning

4. No development works other than those for foundations until the means of surface water drainage have been agreed

5. Sewage Treatment Plant details agreed

6. Development shall be undertaken in accordance with Arboricultural Impact Assessment

7. All tree protection measures to be in place

8. No work above slab level until landscape replacement planting plan agreed

9. Ecological enhancements carried out

10 Design to consume no more than 105 litres per person/day.

I can't see there's much to do before we start? We know the answers for some, some we can't know yet. We know we have to get tree protection measures in, most already are.

Additionally, we have a round of design amendments to put in, should we get the existing conditions that need discharging dealt with first? Our amendments are VERY unlikely to be rejected and are unlikely to negatively impact the conditions. We are going to connect to mains drainage now, so #5 will be removed I guess?

The ecological enhancements condition caught my eye ... do you know what they are - and 'why' they are needed?

I ask, because if that condition is simply boiler plate , (lighting levels, bird boxes, TPOs) then they aren't  too onerous. But if you've had a full-on ecological assessment (as we had), then those enhancements can be quite substantial. All of ours involved work at the edges of the site - no impact on the house build process at all.

In which case, crack on and get them done.

5 hours ago, ToughButterCup said:

The ecological enhancements condition caught my eye ... do you know what they are - and 'why' they are needed?

I ask, because if that condition is simply boiler plate , (lighting levels, bird boxes, TPOs) then they aren't  too onerous. But if you've had a full-on ecological assessment (as we had), then those enhancements can be quite substantial. All of ours involved work at the edges of the site - no impact on the house build process at all.

In which case, crack on and get them done.

We did have an Ecological Assessment and it is the recommendations in there that we must implement. Not worried about any of them in all honesty. It's installing a Bat Box, an Owl Box and Three Bird Boxes. They also want pollinator friendly planting and log piles. All of which we are happy to include at the appropriate time, the condition does not specify when this should take place, so we assume it'll be during the landscaping process.

I think I'll pop a call in to the planning officer, who knows, she might be helpful!

26 minutes ago, ToughButterCup said:

Just a quick thought ... have you considered boxes for swifts? I ask because that species appears to be suffering a bit more than most.

We plan to implement as many ecological enhancements as we can. So yes, I'll look at Swift boxes. I think they can be installed into the masonry of the building? Though I'd have to check if they can be installed in this way with ICF.

Just spoken with our planning officer, there isn't really anything for us to do at this stage. All seems pretty chilled.

It seems that the next ones for us to think about are the ones concerning Surface Water Drainage and Landscape replacement planting. Both of which need to be discharged before we progress past slab level and that is fine by us.

• Like 1