Ecowin windows and doors

Gareth G

Hi

We are renovating our house and wondered in anyone could recommend Ecowin. They are based in Scotland. I’m holding out for their quote which has been over a week now. Otherwise Internorm seem to be the best as their triple glazing has an overall thickness of 48mm where as other supplier are 38mm. Achieving low U-values. Would welcome anyone’s comments. 

We used Ecowin.

Everyone who comes to our place looks at our acres (it feels like) of glass. And asks '....how much was that... ' and then winces. Followed swiftly by a conversation about the design of the house and how, with any company, that much glass would be expensive anyway.

The windows were the single biggest item we bought (land bought in 1985)

house.thumb.jpg.d8d158324c8ca2be1689bae58376f6ac.jpg

The key issue is accuracy of specification: and then the quality of the fit.

My post should be seen as a mere indication of our experience, everyone should do their own Due Diligence.

3 hours ago, Gareth G said:

Hi

We are renovating our house and wondered in anyone could recommend Ecowin. They are based in Scotland. I’m holding out for their quote which has been over a week now. Otherwise Internorm seem to be the best as their triple glazing has an overall thickness of 48mm where as other supplier are 38mm. Achieving low U-values. Would welcome anyone’s comments. 

Hi Gareth, 

Apologies for delay, we have to wait for the quote to be returned from factory. You’ll receive early this week. I have a meeting on Monday and will push them to process asap.

I used ecowin too, they were great and drove 7 hours to fit the windows. Small firm attention to detail backed up by a huge manufacturer in Poland. 

Even do a glitter black paint coating if you like some bling.