internal door lock sizing

Adsibob

I am fitting a door handle to a door which comes with a 60mm "strong latch".  This means that once the latch will be fitted, the centre of the threaded mortice spindle bar on which the handle is mounted is 60mm from the edge of the door. I would like a mortice lock which once fitted will have a keyhole that is in line with the spindle bar. What size mortice lock do i need?

26 minutes ago, Temp said:

So you're trying to use seperate latch and lock on same door? Can you switch the handle onto a combined unit?

Yeah, that’s probably going to be easier, just annoying because I spent a bit of money on Corston to get everything matching everything, to the extent that my latch plates match my sockets and switches and handles. But I’m a bit OCD like that.

2 minutes ago, PeterW said:

So a standard 3 lever will be fine but your issue is 60mm is the euro standard that’s why you will struggle. If you go with 57mm then you have lots more options and you should be able to work with the 3mm difference 

Thanks. What’s the standard size the other side of 60mm? Is there a 62mm or 63mm standard?

• 2 weeks later...