Will slight amendment to skylight size affect planning approval?

notreadyforthis

15 minutes ago, notreadyforthis said:

I've had planning approval for a side extension which has a pitched roof and three skylights of dimensions 140cmx94cm. I want to change the size of those windows to 160cmx94cm. Does an amendment of that sort require me to go back to the council for approval?

do the plans clearly note the size ..?? If not, you can argue that the dimensions measured on plan and on the roof plane are different and just do it … as @nod says, no-one will climb up and check… 

7 minutes ago, nod said:

You could go back for a minor amendment 

But I really can’t see anyone climbing up there with a tape 

How about the build regs surveyor? Would they go up to check something like that? Can't imagine they would unless there's some rule around what size skylights you're allowed to have.

4 minutes ago, PeterW said:

do the plans clearly note the size ..?? If not, you can argue that the dimensions measured on plan and on the roof plane are different and just do it … as @nod says, no-one will climb up and check… 

They don't note the size explicitly but the skylights are in the drawings which I believe are to scale. So I'm guessing you can work out what the planned size is for each window. I'll try and give the council a call tomorrow but they've never picked up or replied to my emails whenever I've tried before so I'm not hopeful.

Don’t bother - on a 1:50 scale plan, 200mm difference is aboht 4mm, or roughly twice the thickness of a pencil line at each end. 

Just crack on..!  If you were going to put 4 rather than 3, or make them 160cm instead of 98cm then that’s a different story.