Pipe kink. Should I worry?

jayroc2k

I could not run the al pert pex pipe without  a kink or two but this photo shows the worst one. Pipe is 16mm Al Pex with 150 spreader plates making it very difficult to turn. 

Will i be ok? Floor is covered. If the pressure test fails I won't bother replacing the pipe. Will just give uo

IMG_2760.JPG

Edited by jayroc2k
Photo added

57 minutes ago, jayroc2k said:

I could not run the al pert pex pipe without  a kink or two but this photo shows the worst one. Pipe is 16mm Al Pex with 150 spreader plates making it very difficult to turn. 

Will i be ok? Floor is covered. If the pressure test fails I won't bother replacing the pipe. Will just give uo

IMG_2760.JPG

The litres per min flow rate of UFH is around 3-5 litres per minute average, so that kink will not really hold things back imo. 

Can you get to it to just pinch it back to round like above? 

As far as failing a pressure test, not a chance. That stuff is extremely robust and only gets punctured by dicks with drills, a little kink like that, whilst not being great news, is of little consequence. 

As far as pressure, it'll only ever see 1.5bar in it's normal working day so don't ? the bed quite yet :)

We walk all over this stuff, push wheelbarrows full of screed over, and I've never, once, had it fail. 

Long and short......you'll live. ;)