Water supply for boiling tap

SuperPav

I've read a number of posts on here and other forums, and maybe its sleep deprivation, but I'm more confused than ever so apologies for raising this topic again.

We will be installing a Harvey twintec on our house, to soften incoming water for ALL outlets except the kitchen and utility sink cold water feeds.

So far so easy.

What is the general consensus of what needs to go to a boiling water tap. We will most likely go for a Quooker 3-way tap.

Should we:

1) Feed the softened water to the boiler with or without an intermediate cartridge filter (like you'd get on the supply to a fridge water dispenser)

2) Feed unsoftened cold water to the boiler (will it not clog up with scale after a few years?) with or without an intermediate cartridge filter

3) Feed unsoftened cold water to the boiler via the Quooker "scale control" filter - what does this do vs the Harvey + a cartridge? 

Thanks

We have the same tap.

Water softener goes to the hot feed.

Combimate ’conditioned’ water goes to the boiling water/filtered water/cold feed. 

Everything we drink is ‘conditioned’ as soon as the mixer is moved away from full cold to slightly warmer/hot it adds more and more softened water, fully hot on the mixer is fully softened hot water.

No sign of scale on the tap but not opened the boiling water tank yet to see what lies inside. 

1 hour ago, SuperPav said:

We will most likely go for a Quooker 3-way tap.

Check Quooker's current advice. Certainly when I bought mine 6 years ago, they specifically said that you shouldn't supply their product with softened water due to the possibility of the lower pH of the water damaging the tank. I seem to recall that they'd softened (pardon the pun) the advice a bit last time I looked, and now suggest this is only potentially a problem if your incoming water is very hard (and hence your softened water is of particularly low pH).

We live in a moderately hard water area and we've got unsoftened water going to our Quooker. It hasn't cause any problems - you might want to get hold of a descaling kit and empty out the scale once every year or two. It doesn't stick to the element, but instead just falls as flakes onto the floor of the tank.