Replacing loft hatch with ladder - fire regs and insulation

I am looking to replace the 55x55 hatch to my loft with a 55x110 folding loft ladder. 

The house is a recent 3 story new build. Loft access is from a bedroom on the third floor. 

Have I understood the building regs correctly that any access to the loft will require to be 30 mins fire rated as it’s on the third floor (above 4.5m) and from a bedroom? If so, easy enough as there are plenty fire rated ladder options. 

Being a new built I assume the existing hatch will have a U value below 0.35. Am I right in that this is a recommendation and I don’t need to find a ladder which meets this value? Of course I’d like to keep insulation to a maximum, but there no affordable fire rated loft ladders with a U value under 0.35.

I could get something like the Dolle REI 45 which is fire rated and has a value of 0.96, still better than some. https://www.dolle-uk.co.uk/shop/fire-resistant-loft-ladder-rei-45

If it wasn’t for the stupid fire regs, I could get something like the Clickfix 76G, which is easier to install, cheaper and has a much better U value of 0.48. https://www.dolle-uk.co.uk/shop/loft-ladders-clickfix-76g

57 minutes ago, joe90 said:

Thanks - and I guess this is England (and not just Scotland which looks like it has even more stringent regs).

What’s the deal with the thermal insulation and what are the consequences of putting in a ladder above 0.35, apart from a bit of heat loss. Risk of surveyor raising it on sale I guess, but anything else? I can’t imagine everyone putting £1000+, fire rated, <0.35 passiv house certified loft ladders to meet both thermal and fire regs!

16 minutes ago, Bobbyboo said:

and I guess this is England

Yes

17 minutes ago, Bobbyboo said:

Risk of surveyor raising it on sale I guess,

I doubt anyone would notice but you could always add a bit more insulation I suppose ?.

• Thanks 1