13mm concrete upstand. is it ok?

Thorfun

greetings. in our basement we have a structural opening for a sliding door. it's a 250mm reinforced concrete insulated slab. long story short, I need to raise the floor level of the structural opening 13mm from the current level so that the sliding door is at the correct height for the level threshold from the FFL.

Can I lay 13mm of concrete (I guess I'd have to get small aggregate pieces) or will that simply not be strong enough to take the weight of triple glazed 2.5m sliding doors? how else could I raise floor level of the opening 13mm?

I asked the window company if they could simply use packers and they said no.

7 minutes ago, Conor said:

Put up shuttering to the correct height and pour a self levelling structural grout, e.g. Larsen multi grout 60.

nice one. I have previously used some non-shrinking grout underneath some structural steels. I presume this is a similar product?

4 minutes ago, Thorfun said:

nice one. I have previously used some non-shrinking grout underneath some structural steels. I presume this is a similar product?

Exactly the same. I used it for my bifolds. Three bags. Cheaper ways to do it but none faster or leveller.

• Like 1