anyone know much about Ezviz db1c or hikvision security cameras?

On 07/12/2021 at 22:04, pocster said:

Hikvision sure . What’s up ?

oh brill! thanks so much. So I have a hikvision system and recently had a professional (he fitted the hik) come back and fit the ezviz doorbell camera (which is compatible with the Hik). It took an age for him to get it set up on the HiK app, because I guess he has not installed many of the new versions of the camera before (even though he is apparently, fitting them every day or the cameras at least).

Anyway, I was shocked to find out it didn't have a chime with it. Was told it would be extra. I ordered the chime from Amazon and it was synced up to my doorbell, it worked like a dream. The doorbell had been added to the hiksytem via an IP address versus taking up one of the spots on the system (or something). Next time I look at the hik app, I see it says my doorbell is offline. I asked the installer and he blamed my wifi connection. I advised him that was not really an issue, when everything else was online, hik was working and the actually app for the doorbell showed it as online and I could view the outside. He is not offering me no real help at all (just said reset my wifi) and I have reached out to Ezviz but no joy yet.

Then it occured, did the doorbell get knocked off the hik app/control panel because I added the chime??? Surely not :(#

Any advice would be appreciated :)

2 minutes ago, TryC said:

oh brill! thanks so much. So I have a hikvision system and recently had a professional (he fitted the hik) come back and fit the ezviz doorbell camera (which is compatible with the Hik). It took an age for him to get it set up on the HiK app, because I guess he has not installed many of the new versions of the camera before (even though he is apparently, fitting them every day or the cameras at least).

Anyway, I was shocked to find out it didn't have a chime with it. Was told it would be extra. I ordered the chime from Amazon and it was synced up to my doorbell, it worked like a dream. The doorbell had been added to the hiksytem via an IP address versus taking up one of the spots on the system (or something). Next time I look at the hik app, I see it says my doorbell is offline. I asked the installer and he blamed my wifi connection. I advised him that was not really an issue, when everything else was online, hik was working and the actually app for the doorbell showed it as online and I could view the outside. He is not offering me no real help at all (just said reset my wifi) and I have reached out to Ezviz but no joy yet.

Then it occured, did the doorbell get knocked off the hik app/control panel because I added the chime??? Surely not :(#

Any advice would be appreciated :)

Not familiar with the Hik / doorbell connection . Can you ping the doorbell ? . On your router does it show up as a connected device with an IP address ?

You might be better off posting in an IP cctv forum .

12 minutes ago, pocster said:

Not familiar with the Hik / doorbell connection . Can you ping the doorbell ? . On your router does it show up as a connected device with an IP address ?

the control panel is just panel that looks like a dvd player, can i hook it up to a screen and navigate to check if the doorbell cam is connected?

Look at this video. If I remember correctly, the presenter covers this exact point and shows how to ensure that your issue doesn't happen.

I haven't done this but have been researching video door bells and remembered this issue.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, pocster said:

I've actually got the doorbell working now (I did the same thing I did two days ago, but suddenly, it works!). However, it does not log on the hik control.

But whilst in the hik control panel (I hooked up a hdmi to a monitor) and was taking a look in there, and I was wondering, does the guy who installed it (not that there is anything interesting to see), can he tap into our cctv and look? I saw that the system said we have a 'weak' password - I am guessing this is the password, is something that I do not have or is it the same password as my logging into the app? if not, how can I get this password changed so only the people living in my house have it?

I tried putting in a password for the doorbell cam, and I thought it was the encryption code, it wasn't and the panel recorded an illegal attempt.

Edited by TryC

1 hour ago, HerbJ said:

Look at this video. If I remember correctly, the presenter covers this exact point and shows how to ensure that your issue doesn't happen.

I haven't done this but have been researching video door bells and remembered this issue.

thank you so much! I was half way through the video and now it works but only on the app. It is not working on the hik control panel, but let me see if it is addressed in the remainder of the video. Thanks so much for your help!